An open-ended and unstructured play environment that allows children to choose which activity they are ready for and to progress according to their own individual needs and timetables. Self directed play allows children to feel in control and gives them and opportunity for relaxed pressure free learning. Play captures children’s attention and holds their interest uniting the child’s mind, body and spirit.
We will have daily opportunities to go on outings in the neighborhood, experience imagination, art, reading, language, music and movement in a variety of ways.
Our Daily Rhythm
- 8-9:30 greet teachers, play
- 9:30 morning snack
- 9:30-12 activities: outside play, music, art, movement, explore
- 11:45-12:30 lunch
- 12-1 activities: outside play, music, art, movement, explore
- 1:15-1:45 afternoon snack
- 1:30-3 afternoon nap
- 3-4:15 wake, snack and play
- 4:15-5:15 greet parents and say our goodbyes
- This is a loose schedule of a typical day…it is adjusted when necessary to keep the momentum for the day
Children’s Song was our first daycare we found and had the pleasure of experiencing. Our three boys all attended and thrived there. From amazing caretakers, to a relaxed environment, to fun outdoor spaces, and family-style eating, our kids loved it all. I walked in the door every morning and afternoon knowing that my child was happy and well cared for. I would highly recommend Childrens Song (and DO recommend!) to anyone.