An open-ended and unstructured play environment that allows children to choose which activity they are ready for and to progress according to their own individual needs and timetables. Self directed play allows children to feel in control and gives them and opportunity for relaxed pressure free learning. Play captures children’s attention and holds their interest uniting the child’s mind, body and spirit.
We will have daily opportunities to go on outings in the neighborhood, experience imagination, art, reading, language, music and movement in a variety of ways.
Our Daily Rhythm
- 8-9:30 greet teachers, play
- 9:30 morning snack
- 9:30-12 activities: outside play, music, art, movement, explore
- 11:45-12:30 lunch
- 12-1 activities: outside play, music, art, movement, explore
- 1:15-1:45 afternoon snack
- 1:30-3 afternoon nap
- 3-4:15 wake, snack and play
- 4:15-5:15 greet parents and say our goodbyes
- This is a loose schedule of a typical day…it is adjusted when necessary to keep the momentum for the day
We can’t say enough good things about our time at Children’s Song! Jodie’s incredible team cared for our kiddo starting at four months all the way to her third birthday. She was cherished, loved and engaged from day one. I loved that the caregivers at CS were aligned with respectful parenting in an open-ended play environment and our kiddo loved the mixed-age group. They handle things like cloth diapers, breastmilk storage and communicating with parents with such ease. Our kiddo still talks about going back to visit.